Arlington Park Race Track-Family Day
PRNC will be going to Arlington Park Race Track on Sunday, August 18th!!
You and your spouse are invited to bring your children along to enjoy the horse races as well as the many family activities including pony rides, a petting zoo, face painting, magician, caricaturist, juggler, bounce house and hands on activities from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
We are reserving picnic tables with umbrellas near the children's area for our use. No chairs of any kind are allowed in this reserved area.
Gates open at 11:15 AM and the first posting is at 1 PM. Tickets will be held under “Park Ridge Newcomers Club” at will call. All persons ages 4 and up require a ticket. Please indicate on your registration in the "Guest" section how many children ages 4-17 and how many adults will be attending.
Feel free to drive there and meet us at the Park, or if you wish, there are Metra trains from Park Ridge to Arlington Park. Check the train schedule here: http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/up-nw/schedule.full.html
Arlington Park offers a wide range of food and beverage options. Pack a picnic lunch in a cooler for your family or purchase food at the Park.
Arlington Park’s rules on Coolers:
Coolers may not exceed 12"X12"X7" (12 inches long X 12 inches high X 7 inches deep). Bags may not exceed 36" in circumference and not exceed 12" in height. *Any cooler or bag exceeding these limitations will be charged a $5 FEE FOR EACH COOLER OR BAG (If a family has 3 coolers/bags over the limit, would be charged $15). Any cooler or bag within these limitations will NOT be charged the $5 fee. One complimentary cooler within these limitations per person.
ALLOWABLE ITEMS INCLUDE:
• Liquids and non-alcoholic beverages in their original sealed plastic containers
• Individually wrapped, non-branded, store bought and homemade food items
• Purses or baby bags (subject to search)
• Stroller or wagon if carrying a child
• Cellular telephones, tablets, cameras, camcorders, binoculars and laptops
• Coolers (see restrictions above)
PROHIBITED ITEMS INCLUDE:
• Glass bottles or containers
• Unsealed containers carrying any liquids
• Commercially packaged branded food for example, chain or fast-food restaurant products
• Grills, crock-pots or any open flame devices including candles
• Tents, canopies and oversized umbrellas
• Bicycles, scooters, roller skates or skateboards
• Poles, flags, banners, signs or any other item seen to be an obstruction to other guests or potential danger to on-track activity
• Projectile objects including, frisbees, balls, balloons, etc.
• Noisemakers including air horns, bull horns, fireworks, etc.
• Objects that could be a nuisance to on-track activity and other guests including laser pointers, squirt guns, etc.
• Firearms, knives, sharp objects or other weapons restricted by local, state or federal laws
• Pets (trained assistance animals for disabled guests are welcome)
The fee for this event is $10 per family. It is sure to be a fun day for everyone!
This event is limited to 48 persons (age 4 and up), so register today! If we see increased interest, we will attempt to reserve more tables so that more PRNC families may attend.
Questions? Please contact Lauren Boulhais at email@example.com or 312.515.0505.